Events in 2016
Saturday, April 2nd 2016
- Kids’ procession will leave Joei Temple at 1:30 p.m.
- Kanbutsue will be held at Sairen Temple at 2:00 p.m.
Children taking part in the procession need to gather at Joei Temple at noon.
Hana-matsuri (Kanbutsue) is a Buddhist event to celebrate Buddha’s birth.
Kids Wanted for the Procession
Participation fee: 6,000 yen per child (including the rental fee of the costume, some snacks, photos and souvenirs)
Age: two to six years old
Apply to: temples in Karasuyama Bukkyokai or Okubo Sekizai
Apply by: March 28th (Mon.) (Strict deadline)
- Please bring a bag for your child’s clothes.
- Please note that photos taken at Hana-matsuri may be used in newsletters of Setagaya-ku and Karasuyama, also on the web site of Karasuyama Bukkyokai.
- Attractions such as cotton candy venders and magic shows are scheduled every year.
- Staff in cute animal costumes will also join the procession.
Spring Higan 2016
March 17th the first day of the week of the equinox
July 13th make an O-Bon festival bonfire
Autumn Higan 2016
September 19th the first day of the week of the equinox
Maps of Teramachi and information of events are on display
On the days of the spring and autumn equinox,